Tuesday, June 18, 2013

January - April 2013

After seeing the RE (reproductive endocrinologist) in December, it was decided that I was to contact his office in January to set up an appointment to remove the thin piece of tissue that was found on my testing.  However, I had a coworker who got married and was off most of January, so there was no way I could rearrange my schedule around my menstrual cycle to have this done.  In the mean time my husband and I had some serious discussions regarding having this minor surgery done. 

My RE wasn't really concerned about the thin tissue -- meaning that he didn't believe it had anything to do with any of our losses, and it wasn't big enough to hinder any future pregnancies, but he wanted to remove it, just to be preventative.

After realizing I wasn't going to be able to have this done in January, and many discussions with my husband, we decided against having the tissue removed, and would continue trying to get pregnant again.

I'm a bad patient and didn't contact my RE's office to let them know I wasn't going through with the tissue removal. I did know that when I got pregnant again I was to contact their office right away.

February was the first month since our 2nd loss that we started actively trying to conceive again. It was very tough and very scary to start trying again.  My February cycle was a bust.  March, also a bust. April = SUCCESS. We are officially pregnant again!

No comments:

Post a Comment